07 March, 2014

Drugstore Delights | Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids Lipstick - Vivid Rose


The ColorSensational Vivids lipsticks range by Maybelline has some lovely bright colours. The one I'm showing you today is in the shade, Vivid Rose.

Vivid Rose is a gorgeous shade of bright pink. While I normally wear red, this is the one pink to make me fall in love with pinks. I'm quite picky with pink lipstick, as I always find them too cool against my skin tone, but this is perfect. The colour is insanely bright! I absolutely love it.

Swatch of Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids Lipstick - Vivid Rose
Despite how retina searing it is, I pat a bit of this on to my lips for a hint of colour, and it becomes wearable for work.

The formula is creamy but it's not too slippery that it'll slide everywhere. It stays put on your lips, but isn't drying. I also love that once it fades off, the colour still lingers behind as a lovely stain.

Swatch of Maybelline ColorSensational Vivids Lipstick - Vivid Rose
They seem to have changed the packaging, too. I only just noticed that the top now comes with a mirror, like the YSL Rouge Voluptes. Thought that was a nice touch for a drugstore brand. Not sure if it's just the Vivids colours or if the whole range have mirrors on the top now.


I think I want to go back and pick up more shades from the range now! They have a few other awesomely bright shades – I'm keen to check out Neon Red next. I got this from Priceline on sale, but it's normally $16.95 here.

This pink has won me over!
What's your favourite pink lipstick?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment! I read every single one and will make sure to reply to your questions!